Sunday, July 27, 2008

Update

It's been a long time since I have been on here. Sorry!!! Life has been crazy. A few dates, a few job interviews and a lot of boating and relaxing. Some mentoring and guidance along the way made the past few weeks enjoyable. I had some moments where I broke down and lost it. I was alone on a Friday night, jobless and just did not feel like my life was right. I knew better but needed a good cry and it helped. So did Steve, from London he took the time to check on me and make me realize everything would be ok.

I had a not so great interview and then a really good one. We shall see what comes from it all and keep plugging away at a job. The kids, Elizabeth and CJ, are away for the beginning of the week so I am not "on call" for them and rides. Not that I mind, I enjoy it. I like feeling helpful.

Just this weekend, Jo and I lived it up. Boating on Friday, dinner and then Chris took us to our bar later that night. Gotta love a designated driver and a friend who owns a bar. Thanks Dave!!! :-) Anyway we drank, did shots, I drank some more, danced and then when 2 a.m. rolled around we waited to close up and then we went with Dave for breakfast. I haven't done a 3 a.m. breakfast trip in forever. Love it! But crawling into bed at 4:15 and then up 5 hours later was a slight killer. But being able to sleep on the boat was nice and just added to my tan. Today was a killer... slept and relaxed a lot due to lack of sleep for 48 hours and a lot of drinking. I am very blessed to have some of the friends I have.

I have also come to the realization that I needed to let go of some of the guys in my life, like men. I needed to move on and let go and also realize I don't need to keep a string of guys for a "late night" call. Yeah it is nice but it is but I deserve better than that and I am smarter than that. So times are a changing for me. I am lucky again to have friends looking out for me and willing to tell me to my face things need to change. As it was some friends couldn't believe I was still friends with all of my 6 ex boyfriends... hey you never know who you need around!!! ;-)

Time to grow up and move on with life. Here's to a new chapter!
~xoxo

No comments: