Monday, July 7, 2008

My Life Update

Hey all,
Sorry it's been a while. I need to remember to tell my brain I am not on a vacation... although sometimes I wish it was. So yes, my life has been low key - gym, pool, tanning, fun, drinking, drinking, fun, drinking... yeah a little more drinking than normal because I am not working. I did have a blind date mixed in. Apparently I scared him away because he never called. We spoke for a few hours a couple nights before we met. I had an interview last week and thought it was good so went out for a glass of wine after. Well he met me there. He was cranky - he pulled a muscle in his arm earlier in the week, kind of quiet and I could tell that. I did what I could but when he gave me the up and down look a few times I knew I couldn't fix that. Well hello, you weren't "mr. hottie" yourself!!! Oh well, I paid the tab - which I wanted too it was my $20 to his $6. Anyway when he offered me five bucks I was like "keep your five, I can afford this." SERIOUSLY!!!

So he ran out of there to never be heard from again! Apparently I look to damn good all dressed in a suit for him. His loss!!!

The 4th found me with Lo and her family. We did the fireworks the night before. Grape vodka and grape soda... new fav drink. Then late to bed, ok so I saw Chris and hung with him for bit, but then early to rise for a parade on the 4th in which yes I did drink again by 10:30 a.m. It was a little rainy but fun. Post parade I came home, changed into some warm clothes and took a wee little nap. I was tired and needed to be ready for the evening parties - which I too survived.

Saturday brought the margaritas and Mexican in the cabana. I think my friend Jo has a good husband. One I like him anyways but the girls were in the cabana and he made sure we had chips and dip, drinks, quesidillas, smores and cookies later... hello!!! How sweet!!!

And alas yesterday brought some recovery and the Wimbledon final - poor Federer... I will console him. And of course family dinner meant a little more drinking, but only two beers!

That's it on me. What about you???
~xoxo

No comments: