Sunday, August 24, 2008

Updates

Hi All,
It's been a while I know but I have lots of updates for you.

First, the Facebook Flirter has cost me $67 in charges on my phone because he is not in the same phone plan and he texts me more than I ever talked to my sister in 6 months!!!! And he is still a wee bit of a stalker.

Second, I had another interview and it went well. Got a call back too!!!! Let's keep our fingers crossed.

The same night as the interview I went to a beer tasting where I met D.M. He was cute, nice, talkative and interested. He came with us to our bar after and then we went our separate ways but I spoke to him the next day. We had drinks the next night. He is a little too into PDAs which isn't awful but all over me in the bar... and we didn't know each other very well... He has a little problem - not a good dresser. And I am not sure how to handle it - jeans rolled and work boots... I don't know. We were supposed to go to dinner last night but I didn't want to go... he was in his damn jeans and boots again and me, well I was in a little black dress. Is it too much to ask for to find a decent dresser, good kisser, someone interested in me and can talk about more than his work??? Maybe I am picky and for that I feel snotty. Am I an awful person???

Third, in between meeting D.M. and the "date" I was in Lake George and had an amazing time. The boating, the sun, relaxing, hanging with friends - all what I needed and more. I love it up there, just amazing and breathtaking. To be in miles of water with mountains all around... perfect harmony. I would love to be up there in the winter watching a storm roll in on the lake.

Fourth, I am talking to my favorite guy of all time... even over the puppy. John is the best in my book. A little sensitive, a little lost and looking for direction, masculine (protected me during a bar brawl), very good looking, works in the entertainment business so no story is ever boring, just an amazing guy. I haphazardly met him years ago when I was on a mini vaca in the Berkshires and every few years we get together and connect. Well I did the connection this time after watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. A character reminded me of him so I called. In his line of working he is going through a rough patch so I volunteered my free time to help him. I love what I am going to help him with so why not... and he is letting me. I know he has a huge respect for me as a woman and as a professional. He has always liked me and the curves of my body and is willing to do anything to spend time with me. One time he came out and we went for dinner and drove through the Christmas spectacular in the local park after. We did very little and yet had lots of fun. We can talk for hours and the same thing - good conversation, good friends and good drink. He would truly be one I would say 'when the next girl breaks your heart look me up.'

Ok, that's all for now. I promise to keep up more now.
~xoxo

No comments: