DJ Corrupt - what can I say but an amazing guy and a great friend.
When you listen to the radio, go to a club, a bar, party, etc. you are almost always listening to a DJ but have you ever thought about what type of profession these guys have? Some, like my brother, do it for fun and make a couple hundred or grand a weekend, others do this professionally and make over 100 grand. My friend DJ Corrupt aka the Pretty Boy does this for a living and is amazing. Originally from Brooklyn he spends his quiet time in the Berkshires in MA and travels for his work, loving the warmer climates.
Take a check at his web site - http://www.myspace.com/djcorrupttheprettyboy.
This is really the first time I have mentioned him because it's been a while since we spoke. We all know when I broke my ankle and lived a miserable existence for 6 months pre-surgery I didn't speak to most of my friends because I didn't want the pity... how stupid I know now. Anyway I met DJ Corrupt years ago on a wknd excursion to the Berkshires and fate had a funny way of settling in with us. I was more interested in his friend but DJ Corrupt was persistent and what won me over was he somehow managed to get my number and the second I got onto the Turnpike to drive home he called me. Minus some dead spots we talked the entire way home, a good hour, and even after. He would drive down, take me out, we would talk about me, about him, his job, his passions. We could go on and on for hours and that was fine with me. Somehow we just got each other and as years passed our friendship stayed but our conversation and visits came and went, like it always does with friends as a distant.
So today we find ourselves back in familiar territory and me as usual being the nice person I am and willing to help him get his web sites updated, his tour back on track and offer suggestions. I have the chance to work on my passion, event planning and PR and help a friend. Works for me.
~xoxo
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment