Ok, well this is partly true. I have decided to be done with Match. com. I have had nothing but no luck with that site. I am also done with Singles.net as well. Both offered a lot of the same men and that made me realize they could see me on both sites too and therefore I look just as desperate, which I am not. I am looking for someone yes because I would like to have a relationship, a good, healthy one in my life but I don't need it. I have amazing friends who yes have their own lives, kids, husbands, etc. but they are there for me when I need them. I am also realizing I am comfortable in my own skin.
I am taking on a new mantra - "walk with confidence." This was definitely something I repeated multiple times when at the yacht club the other day and in my suit. I neglected to put my cover up on to walk to the Ladies room. I just kept repeating my mantra and guess what someone apparently noticed and he and I started talking. He seemed nice and we talked for a bit but then it was time to go. I think I am getting rusty flirting though because this is twice my friend said "um, hello he wanted your number..." Ok, I missed that twice... I am apparently off my game!!!
I also said "goodbye" to all of my 'buddies' minus one. I left one out there, just in case but I am trying to turn a new leaf. I watched The Holiday the other night, again, and am finally starting to realize a line in that movie is soooo true. There is an older gentleman who tells Kate Winslet's character "in life there are leading ladies and best friends. You my dear are a leading lady who acts like a best friend." Light bulb finally goes off... that is DEFINITELY me. I am definitely the best friend. I get the late night calls, the random texts to come over or 'the sex is on a hiatus, what do i do' and then come over or let's go out. I can't do that anymore. I like my fun and part of me left one guy on there because I know I can control that situation. I can come and go as a I please and I don't get the calls or messages from him asking for help with another girl, like all the rest. I can't be your best friend with benefits anymore - done with that!!!
That said, it can make the nights somewhat lonely and quiet when I have no plans. But since when do I need a guy to validate my night and keep me happy??? Temporary validation is good but permanent is best!
So here's to my next chapter in dating and life. A little more soul searching this time will hopefully help.
~xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment