Friday, October 5, 2007

A new love affair

I have a new love affair... with my pizza guy. I also go to the same grinder/pizza shop and over the past few years became acquantances with the pizza guy. He is younger than me. We met at the shop but we were both in PT together 3 years ago - me for me knee, him for his shoulder. One afternoon we were both working hard and realized we knew each other. So every time I come in, and I almost always go, we chat about our latest injuries and aches and pains, any PT appointments, etc.

It is sad because I look forward to going to the pizza shop, I really do. This young guy inflates my slightly deflated ego - cast and all. Always intent, always listening, somewhat drops his "pizza making" to spark up conversation or drops what he is doing to get my order. A simple 5 minute in and out trip can sometimes be 10 minutes or longer just so we can chat.

In three weeks I have gone there 4 or 5 times, either it has been too hot to cook or just didn't want too, but there are other take out places you know! :-)

No comments: