Tuesday, October 23, 2007

When did I grow up?

Did you ever wake up one morning and wonder when did I grow up? That happened to me today. We all know even though I get up early and go to the gym (even with the foot) I still manage to work on auto pilot in the AM. By the time things started to go haywire at work I asked myself when did I grow up? Seriously it is like we wake up one day and we are older, in the working world and dealing with the troubles of the day.


It is days like this when I don't want to be old. I want to be young again when the day's mysteries were who I was going to play with, what 4 + 4 equaled, who was dating who and so on. The clothing factor, what am I going to wear today happened then and still happens now. :-) When did people start demanding things from me, wanting me to make their lack of planning my emergencies????

In 8th grade we can't wait to go to high school. In high school we can't wait for college. In college we have a blast but we can't wait to have a 'real' job. Once we have that real job we want another because we don't like what we have or we go from being a peon to wanting to be director, manager, president in 5 weeks. We always want to move up to the next level and like yesterday, not tomorrow. We want more and more and more until some day things happen and you say "omg, when did I grow up and how did I get here???"

No comments: