Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Forced Day Off???

What do you do when your company calls you to say "Due to a power outage you do not need to come to work today"? Well I was all dressed, had just eaten breakfast and was waiting for that magic time to leave for work when I got the call. After being somewhat disappointed because I was going to try wearing heels today, I sat on the couch with the dog, went to Starbucks, stopped by the PD building where the guys were still working, went to breakfast and then shopped all day with mom and gram. OMG did we shop!!!! I spent more than I wanted to but I have some nice new pants and a suit to show for it. Between this trip and my trip to Banana Republic two weeks ago it tallies almost $1,000 in new clothes... ouch!!! Oh well, I deserve it, right????

What would you do if you were given the day off?

By the way, I did not check anything work until just before I started writing this. I checked email to see if there was an email about tomorrow... nothing yet. But with an impending snow storm of 6-10 inches we will sure be let out early. Waist of a day which adds to my waist of a week work wise.

Ok, off to work on a communications plan... yep, that is right I have to do some work!!! But it is fun stuff for me!

~xoxo

No comments: