I was reliving my college or younger days yesterday. I went with friends to watch a 10 mile road race and after our friends finished we did the bar circuit. Being up in Amherst we decided to go to Rafters where I was apparently on the menu for some guys there. Whether they had the guts to buy me a few beers or admire from afar I was apparently a sight to see. I of course enjoyed every minute of drinking from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m., yep a good seven hours or so and about 2 six packs of beer and some food in between. After Rafters we came back to Springfield and hit two local bars. One was dead and more like being at a high school reunion so we went across the street. That was a little more lively.
The latter bar was one I frequented every Friday when I worked at MassMutual. Some of my salary went into that bar's expansion. I remember the days we would head over around 3 p.m. and I didn't get home until 2 a.m. and I would have to wake up and go to grad school on Saturday for 8 a.m. Ahh, to be young again. I hooked up with many a men from that bar and dated a few too. But always had to be careful of what guy knew what...
Oh, Saturday night was an awkward night for me...who could I have almost forgot to mention. I went to dinner with my gram and then stopped at Friendly's on the way home for a scoop of ice cream. Well as I pull in the parking lot Chris was getting out a car and noticed me. So I thru on some lipstick and made nice because he was with a girl and it didn't look like his sister. It was his girlfriend!!!! Ok, I have known about this wacky girl forever but I have never met her. Needless to say it was the most uncomfortable 10 minutes of her life and a little unnerving for me too. I played nice and took my lead from Chris, who did greet me with a hug and kiss on the lips. We all went to the takeout window and I abruptly said I was babysitting my godson... yeah not true... so my scoop of ice cream now had to become some strange connection a 5 year old would like... mint chocolate chip with peanut butter topping... close enough! I actually like it but I was going to the fat free kind instead, oh well.
I did say something via text later to Chris about his girlfriend, I was nice but he replied saying I should have sat through dinner with her. He isn't very fond of her, yet dates her and continues to. It drives me crazy and after three years of knowing about her, I met her. Yeah... made me a little jealous at that point. Chris is the type of guy who everyone feels we should date and deep down we both do too, and we have discussed it yet we never act on the whole dating thing. We have certainly acted on other impulses but never that.
So that was my crazy weekend. How was yours???
~xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment