I apologize for not blogging lately but as you can imagine, life has been crazy. Between work, shopping, cleaning, wrapping, work it has been crazy.
Today I find myself working but also reflecting on the time of year. It is funny how spending lots of money takes precedence this time of year. I budgeted this year and put limits on gifts but I found myself competing right down to the last dollar to make sure everyone was even. I feel guilty I am not as extravagant as years past but lets see I have paid of my car, both of my credit cards and I am trying to sock away what I can for a condo. I have some priorities in life that have to take a front seat to Christmas and as much as I hate it I have to do it. I am trying so hard not to spend and go crazy and it is hard. I never remember it being this way as a child. Do presents seem to get bigger as we get bigger? Do we feel the need to spend more and buy more just because we are growing up? I love getting and receiving presents, so don't get me wrong but when did we inflate everything? Why does it seem harder to find gifts for people when we are all older? I am the hard person to buy for because I love opening up boxes but seriously, how many people know my size to buy me clothes!!!
With the craziness of last minute shopping today I wish everyone finds that perfect gift, spreads cheer to the one behind them in line whether in the parking lot or at the cash register and I wish you all a very merry holiday with your loved ones. I think it would take a recession to put the true meaning of Christmas back in our lives but I wish that every year you find that perfect gift for those on your list and you always don't go into debt because of it. From someone who likes to shop, ok loves to shop, I am learning going into debt is not necessary and the guilt does fall away.
Merry Christmas, be safe.
~xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment