Hey y'all. Sorry about going a week without a check in but life has been crazy and I have been a little low this week. Last weekend was very low key and therefore I think kind of depressed me a bit. The week, although busy, wasn't overloaded and even had a snow day from school so I continued my funk. And with that came a serious cold and we all know how I hate being sick.
I hate being sick, having no plans and not doing much - which leads to serious procrastination. I am a little miffed though because I co-chair the graduate alumni committee where I got my masters degree and the other co-chair is definitely trying to take more of a leadership role than I am. She isn't even a graduate of the grad program at our school, she is an undergrad alum. I think she is setting herself up to take over as Alumni Council President in a few years, which is fine but don't overshadow me in the process. Actually, never overshadow a counter part if you want to advance your career/position, whether volunteer or not. It never helps you once you get to the top; only hurts you. I have all the time in the world and she needs to try and do EVERYTHING... grrr!!! Oh well, I just need to make sure I can still play the game.
Oh and as game playing goes - I am considering running for school committee. I know, I know... I might be committing career suicide but I am truly thinking I can do this. Problem is the seat I would run for is a minority seat and this would make the entire committee white now. Not sure how that will go over but in general I grew up the daughter of a city teacher, have many friends in the field and worked four years in the administration office and know how things run. I know I am qualified to run and I don't want to run to spite my old employer but to help them. Thoughts?? Should I go for it???
That's really been my week to date. I am having a small Super Bowl party at my house tomorrow in which I decided to make homemade pizzas and wings... cheaper than ordering. So check back to find out how it all came out.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Have fun.
~xoxo
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment