I realized on Tuesday my post was all about me and my exercising and not one of the most important times in the country and my life. This was the first political campaign I was actually excited and interested in, besides the time I covered a community meeting by McCain years ago in NH for journalism for his last run. I wasn't a supporter but being there was just so much fun... and I thought I would hate journalism.
I wasn't really going to watch the coverage, in face had a busy day. But when I met my friend and soon to be college professor for lunch we watched President Obama take the Oath and his speech. Then when I came home I turned the TV and was glued until bed. I am overwhelmingly in love with Michelle Obama and her girls. How cute were they all on Tuesday??? The J Crew stock has gone up big time because of the cute coats the girls wore. And the dress Michelle wore for all of their 10 balls...amazing.
Michelle and Barack are what I see as hope for the country. They seem very down to earth and willing to do the best they can in doing the right thing. Let's be honest, with so many people in power besides the president it isn't always easy. But there is something uncanny about the appeal they bring to the White House; a sense of freshness that I have yet to see from past administrations. I wasn't around in the Kennedy era to know sense of renowned hope brought about but I am excited about what the Obama era will bring. I am excited to become more involved in the country and politics, to become a more aware and cultural citizen.
Good Luck President Obama. I have faith you are what this country needs. And to your family - I am so impressed by the poise you all have. I wish I could be half the person you all are, including your two adorable girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment