Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Getting Old or Feeling Like a Kid Again!!!

I was exhausted all day yesterday and with good reason, I ran around all last week and weekend. Sitting on alumni boards keeps me busy this time of year for events so I was back and forth between Boston and Longmeadow, MA all week. Friday night was rehearsal for graduation and then dinner after. Saturday saw shopping for gifts, car appt., nails, and a sweet 16 party. Sunday was a baby shower, graduation and then party. I actually looked forward to Monday but when it came - I was too exhausted to pay attention. I had everything in me to make it through the day. And when I did I went tanning and then to get my bike and low and behold locked myself out of my car. Yeah, lovely. So I waited outside in the breeze filled with pollen for a half hour... not happy!!!

Long story short, trust me I could go on... I was in bed before the sun went down and the street lights came on. Yes, I was falling asleep at 7:30 and in bed by 8 and don't you know slept soundly until 5:30 a.m. Ok, so I was awoken around 11:30 from Vegas who was heading home from the casino and apologized for not being home earlier. That's ok for me because I would have fallen asleep on him anyway so our fun night would not have been so fun!

B.L. said he was in bed by 8:30... are 27's year olds starting a trend??? We certainly have quite the busy lives, especially on weekends whether partying hard or golfing or partying lightly for multiple events. So my question is, are we really getting older or do we enjoy going to bed before the sun goes down??? We all know we hated it when we were 7 years old but is it true, do we appreciate it now??
~xoxo

No comments: