This is true but no it did not happen to me. I happened to pop over to the club this afternoon to meet with my manager and review a few things. On my way out I stopped by the office to get my stuff. Ryan, who works in membership, was sitting at a desk frequented by G.S. and so many membership consultants. Ryan Callan, his real name, was there with someone else and I happened to make a comment about how May will now just fade away with nothing exciting left as Memorial Day has come and gone.
In conversation about the weekend's events of boating, tanning, BBQing Ryan said he just had steak at home which made him happy because he was able to think about the weekend again. He then blurts out "I got stung by a bee" and follows it with "while I was home eating steak in my house." I stopped dead in my tracks... "what?" I said. "You got stung by a bee while eating steak in your house?" I managed to get it out without laughing. Please note this actually happened about an hour before we had this conversation. Seriously who in the world as such awful luck???
First off, if there is a bee around you know I am going to flip out... in a nice way but so not a fan of bees, or spiders but this post isn't about me. Ryan, how can you not tell the bee is around especially when it lands on your forearm?? Is the steak that good you couldn't swat it away??? If so, come cook steak for me and I will let you know if I can give up knowing I am going to get stung for the steak.
The other person in the office laughed and then shared his awful story about eating a sandwich and a bee flying in his mouth and stinging him. Awful but I know it was true and is so much easier for me to believe. Come on Ry, stung by a bee in your house... while conscious... did you not see the bee??? Do you know how silly this sounds???
Not sure if you are single but if so I can honestly see this as a good story to share on a date. I know I would have a good laugh and it would show your comfortable side if you can handle a crack or two being made, oh wait... that happened already between us - not the date part, just me busting you. I couldn't let it go, I hope you understand. And ladies...not sure if Ryan is single but he is good looking so you can't help but be intrigued by this story and think... "how cute yet how ridiculous" a combination we all love.
Ryan really is a good sport, I told him I couldn't let this go and I was even going to blog about it. Maybe he can send me a pic so I can post it along with his story.
Remember Phoebe from Friends and those songs she would sing - Smelly Cat to name one? If she was still around, ok I know it was a TV Show and she was a character but go with me on this one, couldn't you see this as a song - "I was eating steak and got stung by a bee in my house/" I can see her sitting in the Central Perk singing this song!!!! Or maybe this is a monologue by a comedian or a short story. Actually it would be a great icebreaker for the next "bonding" event you need to go to, and I am sure Ryan wouldn't mind you borrowing it but make the story good!!! And Ryan, if we are ever in an all staff meeting where we need to share something, I promise to act like I know nothing about this. Seriously, how amazing would this be for an ice breaker??? But you have to be willing to take a hit on this one, Ryan was.
Thanks Ry for being a good sport.
~xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
K... this is too funny. This Ryan guy is hysterical.
Kris... just getting to read the posts now. OMG...did this seriously happen? Who is this Ryan guy - we never heard about him!!!
Are you serious - this guy was stung by a bee and he watched it?
Post a Comment