Saturday, May 10, 2008

Dear Abby or Dear Kristina???

I got the strangest text message yesterday... "Dude, I am starting to get a complex. Erin and I never hook up." This from B, the guy I was seeing. OMG is all I had to say. But me being me had to know more so I responded encouraging more info. He sleeps at Erin's house and very rarely do they kiss or have sex... how weird. I told him if he was staying with me he wouldn't have that issue and I know Matt could verify that for him. Matt and I never had issues in bed, or out of either! :-) I continued being a good friend and promised everything would be ok and gave some ideas, suggestions, etc. I know - how good can I be???!!!! Somehow we got onto us never having sex and maybe we should have, maybe we should do the casual thing, etc. Still today we have gone back and forth on that topic.

I do feel bad for him, I feel bad for any guy in that situation. I am being the sweetest person I can be in this situation. I am not a bitchy person... ok not a major bitch, so I didn't just tell him to F off... I could have but part of me realizes he came to me for a reason. Whether he trusts me and my advice, still likes me, has no one else... he came to me and I respect that. I don't like it but I respect it.

So this makes yet another guy in my life who looks to me for female advice... and another "ex" doing so. First I think I should be a saint, second I am thinking I need to start an advice column or something where I give this advice to all people. I am amazed by how many people, mostly males, look to me for advice. Do they realize I am still single??? Funny because I just watched a few re-runs of Sex and the City... my all time fav show, and now I feel like Carrie Bradshaw. I really do feel like CB... she writes advice columns about love, finding love, etc. and I share advice on how to stay in love or leave a relationship and hold strong. All while being the single one!!! I do have a great network of friends, some older who help me every day keep going. It isn't easy helping others stay or get into a relationship when you are then the one to stay home at night. I am happy and sad all at the same time.

So what to do??? Do I say no more or cherish the fact I am the "go-to" girl and live it up?
~xoxo

No comments: