I was a little reserved... rightfully so I feel. We talked about the job, his and mine, prospects and he vented about his friends. I listened and then I did what some may consider braking a cardinal law... he suggested his friend was a nitwit and I said "I guess it takes one to know one." This was after he emailed me admitting he was a nitwit. Oh well... but he left the door open and I admitted I was joking. Apparently some guys are sensitive because that changed the mood of the night.
We parted and I suggested we do dinner. This morning I hear from him in email and this is what he has to say.
I got your message. I meant to tell you last night that I met someone recently......I like her alot. I was going to tell you, but then you made the "it takes a nitwit to know a nitwit" comment and I was aggravated so it slipped out of my mind
I don't have the annulment papers with me right now. I'm hoping they mysteriously catch fire today and burn to a pile of very fine ashes.
I don't have the annulment papers with me right now. I'm hoping they mysteriously catch fire today and burn to a pile of very fine ashes.
So do I believe he met someone??? Not really sure. We didn't leave right after that comment either... so who the heck knows. This is what I said.
Oh, not really sure what to say but I am happy for you. I didn’t know what to expect from your email this past time honestly but I wanted to go with the flow. Not sure what I was expecting from last night either, so guess it’s my fault. I truly hope you realize I was kidding you with that comment but you did leave yourself open for it but saying it in your email and then calling your friend a nitwit. I am sorry it aggravated you.
I guess my question is, and I think it is a reasonable one, what do you want to happen with us? Do want us to be occasional friends or just completely move on? You seem genuinely interested in hearing about my potential venture and I honestly believe you are and I am willing to help you in any professional way I can… so I guess the ball is in your court and you decided how you want to proceed.
I don't know what he will say if anything. But I have been through more mind games with this one than anyone I know. I honestly believe we could make something work if we tried or maybe at another time. The potential is there but maybe the timing is not right. I guess I will leave this one up to a higher power and as for drunk dialing... I need to change his contact listing in my phone so I can't go directly to it!!! ;-)
~xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment