Sunday, April 27, 2008

Saturday Recap

I know... you can't wait to hear about yesterday. I had an absolute ball!!! I went out drinking Friday night and had a great time but I again drink dialed B.L. Shit! Oh well... until I woke up to his text message Saturday morning. Come on, I had one hour left to sleep... oh well. I did answer back and we did go back and forth a bit while I was showering (no texting in the shower of course), curling the hair, getting dressed and eating breakfast. I was on the road by 8:45 and on my way. I hit a little traffic but got to the site just after 11 a.m. I walked in and saw Mindy, my best friend who I haven't seen in ever!!! I was quickly ushered into the judges room to start reviewing profiles and before I knew it interviews were beginning. The girls were good... some young, some nervous, some didn't sound like the education behind them really was, etc. After a grueling two hours a quick lunch and then it was pageant time. It was a quick afternoon because there were 16 girls we had to judge, 8 for my group of judges and 8 for the other group - we were awarding four titles in all. It is stressful to judge each girl after each event and then rank the top five... and not have any cross outs, etc. on your sheets. OMG... stressful. Finally the time has come, the runners up are picked and the four title winners are chosen. Wow... done. Not quite yet, we are whisked away to the judges room to critique the girls we picked and suggest what they need to work on like better shoes and gowns, stop talking so much during interview, act older, cut down on makeup, etc. And... DONE!!! My duties are over. Mindy and I have some time to chat and then time to go. She had the pageant today for crowing Miss Outstanding Teen 2008 and I was heading back home. So many times I thought to just drive the 16 miles to the Cape and have a good meal overlooking the water. Yeah sounds good but wasted a completely hot outfit on driving back home. I looked like the perfect judge thanks to Cris for letting me borrow her black and white jacket. Went amazingly well with my black dress, black and white shoes and silver jewelry... LOVED IT!!! And Mindy said I looked every part judge. But home I came and to bed early... it was a long stressful day after all.

Oh, don't worry... I will be doing it again. A fellow judge was a part of the Western Mass division and he will be getting me involved. I already have an invite to the BBQ this particular judge is giving for all the girls who competed and all the "workers." So guess who is getting involved in the pageant circuit now????? Yep, that would be me. I may not compete but I will be having a blast!!!!

No comments: