After my lovely time at the club, see post below, I went to meet with my fav professor Sandi. Sandi was going to help me review my resume and make it global and more marketable. I sat with her for an hour talking about my current job, my time at MM, what I want, what I like and when she interjected with such valuable information I felt myself kicking myself. I know, that last part sounds funny but think about the last time you wanted to kick yourself. I am listening to Sandi tell me things about marketing, positioning yourself, branding, etc. and all of the sudden a light bulb is going off in my head. I know this stuff - I know about branding, self promotion, etc.
I have my undergrad in Public Relations and Marketing... I know exactly what she is telling me. Why didn't I realize this already?? I started realizing I have lost, no not lost, pushed away my knowledge of PR and Marketing because my current role is more financial. I don't have a day to day use for PR/Marketing so I started storing it away in the back of my brain and Sandi unlocked that door. I can't hide from the realities of PR for too long, it is after all what I love and I am so thankful to Sandi for helping me unlock this door and helping me to realize I can't let my passion die or fade away just because my current role isn't ideal. I can't hide me or not be me... I can however continue to learn and enhance my PR/Marketing skills and incorporate what I can to any role I am in, even if not so apparent.
Thanks Sandi!
~xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey K, this happens a lot. You seem like a smart girl and will figure it all out... it takes time and you are doing the right things.
Post a Comment