Monday, June 9, 2008

Back to Me

It's been a long few days followed by an amazing weekend to Lake George. OMG... I love that place. To be in a lake, on the boat surrounded by mountains... my favorite place, event beats the Cape! And we all know I love the Cape and the islands.

I know I promised to tell you all about my week last week but I am trying to move past it. My best friend Joanne and I had lots of wine Thursday night and we talked about the week that had just passed. Then she said "pack a bag, be here at 5 and away to the lake you go." I was so in!!! I went to work Friday, left a few minutes early to get the booze and we were on our way. Mudslides and some Blue Moon kept us content for the almost 3 hour drive and her husband was at the wheel so made it easy for us. We put the boat in, got the kids settled and away we went to bar hop via the boat.

Over Saturday and Sunday Jo and I talked work, future, fun, stress, everything that was bugging me but we talked on the edge of the boat, our feet in the water drinking beer among beer and regardless of the good buzz, the world seemed so much clearer and so did what I had to do.

I finished my resume and re-wrote my cover letter all with a smile on my face like Sandi said. She is right, when you are smiling somehow writing just comes easier. I have decided to actively pursue another job option because I can not deal with the drama in my office anymore. I checked my sanity at the door two years ago and regardless of my strength have gotten deeper and deeper, losing myself along the way. I can't do it anymore. I like being sane way more than not. The drinking thing is good but there is a problem when drinking lots brings clarity... the foggy head I much prefer when I want a buzz, not clarity.

So little by little this weekend has brought me back to me or at least seeing who me needs to be again. Thank goodness... it's time to have fun again!

P.S. the guys were good too! ;-)
~xoxo

No comments: