Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Little Motivation... Long Way???

As a slight follow up to my post about Lake George I was hoping a little motivation would go a long way. I witnessed while boating many boats with younger adults on them, maybe even my age. First off, how can they afford these nice boats which is bigger than ours???? Second, the girls in their bikinis were supposed to make me want to get back to working out full swing. Ok, so I have no quarrels with me getting on my bike for 50+ miles or going running, especially because I can run past a mile now. Ok, ok I know this seems silly but because of breaking my ankle I couldn't run for 1 year and now I have to readjust my body to running. I wish it was like riding a bike again but it isn't. I need my lungs to readjust.

Somewhere along the line though I lost my motivation to go to the gym. I know if I suck it up and just go I will be ok after a few days but when you work out as much as me and watch what you eat and don't lose... it stinks. Problem is, with my new found "finding m again" theme I need to do this. I was 30 pounds lighter before so I know I can do it... I just have to find that will within me again. Damn, I thought those bikini clad girls would do the trick!!! Although they certainly motivate you and they weren't stick thin at all, they were normal... I want normal!!!

Do you find it hard to find your motivation again???

No comments: