Weekend was full of fun. Friday night drinking redheaded ho's - raspberry lambic and hoogarten - and Wii, Saturday was soccer and boating, sleep over and Sunday was Wii Rockband and more drinking. Loved every minute of it but it also put some things in perspective. My friend Jo is great at bargain shopping and saving money where she can so I mentally took some notes while I am now on a very limited budget. Like for one, didn't call to make a hair appt. to have my hair colored, I paid $8 and had her daughter lighten my hair today... savings - $125 or so.
I am not perfect and those who know me know I like the finer things in life but here it goes... I went to a financial advisor last week to get ideas on budgeting and saving for my future house, emergency fund, etc. and now I don't have an income... so maybe I do need to control my habits - shopping, shopping and Starbucks. The drinking... fairly low key when you can buy a 12 or 30 pack, spend nights at home with friends or go on the boat... so much cheaper than going out... which is a usual summer drink fest anyways... I learned a lot about friends and money this weekend when if you watched me all weekend you would have thought all I was doing was drinking and hanging with friends, but in reality so much more.
How lucky are you to have your friends??? I am very lucky and blessed.
~xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment