Friday, July 27, 2007
Do you “Rock the boat?”
My friend G asked me today, “am I wrong for thinking this way?” I said “no, most definitely not.” Lets take a step back. G and I work together, different departments, same place. I recently lost my boss to her contract not being renewed. Now I answer to my coworker as she is the only other one left. Love how I have been here longer… Regardless, I try and move on. G is getting into a similar situation. Her two bosses left on their own because frankly, we ask too much of people, and now she has a new boss with no experience in her field. Can we say old boy’s club?? Anyway, this happens and I won’t knock it because it certainly has helped me. However, I do dislike the fact she has been excluded from meetings about restructuring her department and everyone on her team is there but her. Wrong, right? Either include everyone or don’t say a darn thing!!!! She vents to some close people who say “no matter what you say to them, it won’t change it, bide your time, ride it out.” OK, first off those people need to get a life! Don’t ride it out… start looking elsewhere. Being disrespected to your face is wrong! Second, these people telling her have been here forever, are connected and make more money than she does. Is it wrong, she wants more money for a job well done, and not saying that ‘cause she is my friend, and a little respect?? So I am not surprised when she told them “I don’t care that you don’t feel confident enough to rock the boat, but I do.” So I ask if we don’t metaphorically rock the boat, will change ever occur in a place that so desperately needs it???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment