Friday, July 20, 2007

"The Puppy" aka Mr. Atlanta

Let me tell you about my favorite person in the world. I am not sure why he is my favorite at all, he just is. Let's go back to May 2002 when I started my first job. In I walk through the front door one my first day and I see this amazingly, good looking guy. I was like, "wow, I like this place already." One month later I finally see him again, this time he is at my department's company pinic. Hmmm, why? I find out he is the Audio Visual support and there I go and introduce myself. Oh, he is cute but he also seems like the typical, cocky guy. You know who I mean, the "oh, I know I am good looking." I didn't stay long because I actually had a blind date that night.

Back to "the puppy." My friend Jo saw us one day in the hall talking and she filled me in on the scoop when I got back to my desk. He was younger than me, loved the ladies and yes was good looking... and since she knew him and his family she felt ok in naming him "the puppy." Meaning cute and good looking but needed some loyalty training. Enter me... I guess. I am not sure I ever wanted to train him and still don't but oh yeah I wanted to get to know him. Over the time I was there we became friends, hung out, drank, talked, got fairly close but yes, he is not loyal even as a friend. I couldn't depend on him to call back, follow through on plans, etc. I became to get this and be ok with it. After all, I liked him. If we didn't date I still enjoyed his company so I move on but keep close ties and I did just that.

Over time we went without talking but we always stayed in touch and 5+ years later, we still do. He hasn't changed too much in my book. Dating someone but I would imagine he still hooks up with some random people along the way, and yes you can include me in there. I am not random but the chemistry between us is explosive. In many ways we get and understand each other. No I didn't decorate his new condo, but after his ex ripped through it in a rage of some state, I did purchase some new vases and a blanket or two becuase he was a friend and I firmly believe he didn't deserve what she did, no matter how he can be.

Oh, did I mention I ran him over about 4 years ago too with my car. More of a mishap than intentional but it happened and yes, we still are close. As, for naming him Mr. Atlanta, I ran into him in the Atlanta airport on a layover the day after Valentine's Day. I was supposed to fly down to Florida for a vacation on Valentine's Day but snow cancelled the flight and while I was waiting in Atl, I turn around and see puppy - fate, maybe a belated V-day gift for me??? All I know is I had bronchitis and my ears were blocked and I was stuffy so I couldn't hear well and I am sure I looked crappy.

Why is he my favorite you ask? Not sure, but I do know regarldess the conversation and the wine bills are endless and always leave me wanting more!

No comments: