Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's Fall

Like the beginning of school fall means a new beginning too. It officially kicks off apple season, watching football feels better on cool nights than on warm evenings, getting cozy in a warm sweater of fleece by the bonfire with friends and good drinks just seems better. Today could have been spent on the boat however and if it wasn't for family that is where I would have been. Instead family came out for the Big E, oh yeah another New England "fall" thing, so we socialized for a bit before they headed out.

Fall also is host to a lot of fundraisers. There were diabetes and Iron Man fundraisers I made my way to this weekend, every market I seemed to go to today had school children selling candy or sports teams doing the same, more golf tournaments for a good cause, bake-a-thons, and the usual road races and marathons for a good cause. The latter leaves me yearning for the day when I can run again. It has been over four months since I last ran or even walked 1 mile and I am telling you I don't know what I will do first when my ankle ever gets better. This is the perfect time of year to run and I can't enjoy it. Spring is nice to run in, the sun rises earlier and those early morning runs are nice because you feel like you are waking up with the rest of the world but the crisp feeling of fall seems to help you run a little faster.

Oh yeah, Fall is also the beginning of the next wedding year. It seems as if it runs from fall to summer, not the traditional January to December year or June to July like fiscal years but it seems to follow a school year and Fall is now back to being the biggest wedding season ever.

Lastly, Fall is a time to start decorating your house. This starts the season of chotchkees in and out of your house and this season doesn't end until Easter. Think of it you start with fall and then that turns into Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and then finally Easter. Maybe even a few others I don't know too much about because I don't celebrate them. But after Easter we get a reprieve for a few months. Fall also starts the cooler and eventually colder weather settling in if you leave in a climate that deems that weather. If you are like my cousin in Florida - you are lucky!!!

Fall is a good season - not my favorite but a good season. I like the crisp feel in the air though I soon long for those warm days and nights but I won't complain too much about snuggling up in cute sweaters. Maybe someday I can wear cute pants too but darn that cast of mine. Fall also means for me another season wasting away. It's so hard for me being an active person to have to succumb to this darn foot and cast. However I am finding my motivation again this Fall and going back to the gym - the goal is 4 mornings a week. I needed a swift kick in the butt and thanks to Fall I am going to do it!

(btw - the weekend was a busy one, but not overly eventful)

Happy Fall everyone! :-)

No comments: