Wednesday, September 5, 2007

It's September

It is September and the chill of fall can already be felt in the wee morning hours. Summer is due back for a few days this weekend, but this is when we start to relaize those days are going to be few and far between until next year. When I start drinking hot coffee again you know there is a chill in the air on my ride into work.

Today is the day I start new things. I start focusing back on me and my sanity. In my new job (not so new anymore) I have watched my weight creep up slightly and with my foot being in a cast, that has added but that isn't an excuse - neither is working too much or always being on the go. I realized yesterday that if I can reorg my life around running a marathon I can certainly lose a few pounds. It just means going back to being diligent and being honest with myself. It isn't failure if I go off track, the key is to get right back on - it is feedback, not failure. I planned on getting up early and going to lift some weights but that didn't happen - passed out at 9:30 and never set my alarm for the gym, needed the sleep. So tomorrow is another day :-)

A quick note on the ankle - I will be going for a bone scan. From what I hear this is a few hour procedure to have the IV pass into the blood system, drink some fluids to flush me out and then lie on a table for 1 hour to scan my body. This is the real deal test - tells me if I have cancer, fractures, arthritis - anything. Ok, so I do have arthritis there, that is visible on my MRI and CT scan. Arthritis that was caused by the bone...love it! As always, will keep you updated.

In the meantime I am enjoying my "back to school" philosophy and hope it continues.

No comments: