Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Love

"All I want to do is fall in love" spoken so eloquently by Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City. Those words can't be any truer to how I feel, that is all I want. Is it so wrong to want to fall in love?? To find that guy who makes me happy, makes me smile when I am mad, helps me laugh at myself, hugs me when I need it, makes me cry, is willing to hold my shopping bags and can deal with my family?? Ok being nice, respectful, honest and caring are good too, hard worker, dedicated, driven helps as well.

There was a time growing up I thought I would marry my best friend... when you think of it, how many male best friends have you had that you didn't marry?? I can think of three. I think someone who is or can be your best friend is still a good way to go, they know you inside and out and can finish your sentence and if you marry someone who isn't and if you remain friends with your friend, jealousy may ensue. I pictured being married by 26 and a few kids by 30. Well I am 26 and not married and honestly ok with that.

It is funny to look back on what you want when you are a kid. I am much better at being me than being a married me. By the time I settle down I know I will be ready. I will know exactly what I want and I won't have to say "what if" (ok, I hope). I will be better able to walk into a marriage knowing who I am as a person and not willing to compromise. So my life plan I had when I was 12 isn't the journey I am on now. Somewhere along the line work came first and for that I am thankful - new journeys and struggles make me stronger. With each new journey leads me down a new path which I know will lead me to settling down with the person I am meant to settle with. Question is where do I find him? What path do I go down? (Funny how we always want the answers even when we aren't supposed to be looking!)

So in the words of Carrie Bradshaw "All I want to do is fall in love" but right now I am pretty content with me.

No comments: