When someone starts a blog it is for various reasons. Some start it to stay in touch with family and friends because they move around or the respectives move, others to write about something they are passionate about - shopping, fashion, games, books, etc. and lastly others do it for the heck of it (I guess). I wrote mine for two reasons - I was asked to document my crazy dating life by people in my spin classes and second it was a good way for my friends who aren't so close anymore to keep tabs on what they used to be my "wing women" for. It since has turned into something I can use to solicit opinions, complain about work, share thoughts and ideas and in general express myself. When you write for a specific audience and make it public on the web, you think "some other people might read this to" but you don't let that bother you. We all have similar issues, so you start thinking "I hope people get this or can relate." I got a comment on one of my previous posts from someone I do not know who said they like reading my blog. That made me feel good about what I am doing. It was never intended to be this "big" thing but being a writer I love this and find it is a great way to document all life has to dish out at you - the good, bad and in between. I am definitely a "doer" meaning I need to try things - failing or succeeding at them - in order to get it. So it is nice when someone says what you are doing is good, even if it isn't who you initially had in mind.
So, for those of you who read this - thank you! I hope my writing has resonated with you in some way to keep you coming back. As the public relations/marketing mind in me if you too have a blog, I would be more than happy to promote it on my site, as long as it is not offensive to anyone.
Keep on reading and enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment