As you can tell from the title of this post it wasn't a great night last night. Yes, I did have an amazing time with the cosmos and beer but then after my brother and I fought. Ok, so maybe I picked the fight but he deserved it!!!
After work a few of us from the office went downtown to Uno's to watch our co worker's band, drink and have dinner. That was the good part of the night. Ryan, our waiter, was great. I got two Bombay Sapphire cosmo glasses out of the night... and he knew and let it happen. Love it!!! It is always fun being with friends, have more friends/acquaintances show up and forgetting it is only a Monday night... oops! Probably had one too many drinks but I was feeling great... I didn't care.
The problem came when I sent a text to my brother to find out if he was still in town... yes, he was. He finally called me and was like I am down the street. So yours truly met him in the parking lot of Walgreens and laid into him. If you don't know my brother is what I can safely call a drug addict. He got addicted to pills and his girlfriend in Florida, where he lived, was no help. Well idiot wanted to move back up here I guess but not tell us. You also need to know my brother is not biologically my brother, he is my foster brother.
I so don't want him home because his family is so screwed up and no one can help him. He needs to get away from his drama momma, brother who just had a baby out of wedlock with someone he can't stand, his little sister who already had a 9 year old son and his twin sister who is probably the most normal but still has issues. And his dad... not too sure about him but he does say his dad is helping him. A former drug addict himself I guess.
I did probably what some therapists would not agree with and told him how I felt. He needed to leave the area, talk to me more, trust me and told him how upset I was he hasn't bothered to talk to me over the past year. I used to cover his butt with my parents, tell him everything about work, my love life, ask for advice and him vice versa and not over the past year. I told him I get he was screwed up but pick up a freakin' phone. After I wouldn't let it go for a while we finally started seeing progress and so at 1 a.m. I was content and went home to bed... only to wake up at 5:30 to get ready for work. Definitely not a gym morning.
So today I am a cross between tired, hungover, confused, cranky, and more tired. I almost called out but I have a few site visits and I needed to be there. Here's to hoping for a decent day!!!
~xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Kris - I am so sorry. I know this road with your brother has been a rough one for you because you really care about him. It's hard but sounds like you did what you needed to. You have been feeling that way for a bit. Sounds like the cosmos and beer went well though! How's the head now??
:-)
Post a Comment