There was a post I read today in the Glamour Blogs - my newest fav - Storked. In this blog Chrissy just had a baby. She is my age and her life has turned a little upside down but in a new, good way. She touches on a topic though that we all learn to value and appreciate in our toughest times... friends. We have days when we want to be alone and are content in hitting the silent button on our phone when we take that nice long ride but there are times when a friend, good glass of wine, some reruns of Sex & the City or Gilmore Girls, the Hills, Grey's Anatomy or any other show comes in handy. Drinking, relaxing and gossiping with a friend or a few friends just makes everything at ease.
I miss that. I have some good friends but the one friend I did this with all the time was Tara. Tara now lives six hours away in New York. She has a busy yet good job and a great guy. Her life is falling into place and mine is shattering slightly. It's being held together by threads some days. Regardless she was the girl I would drink with and always get into some little trouble (good trouble) with. We would cook dinner and drink wine, drink wine and snack, watch TV, chat and drink wine... come to think of it wine was a staple in most everything we did - I think the only time we did something not involving wine was shopping at Ann Taylor or when at Starbucks!
Tara helped me feel good again and make me feel better on a bad day and vice versa. When you are down you turn to your friends for a little lift and they certianly lift you.
Thanks Chrissy for making me remember the good times Tara and I had. We talk every day but it isn't the same and I miss that sometimes but your post made me think of those good times and the memories are good enough to get me through (with some wine of course!). :-)
Who are your friends you turn to in times of a little recharge?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey there! Thanks for stopping by Storked! Your blog is great. I was just getting all wrapped up, but JD started crying...time for breakfast. Stop by Storked! today--I dish about JD's first date.
My best,
Chrissy
Post a Comment