Once upon a time my birthday was the greatest day on earth. I lived for it all year...just like Christmas. Somehow I noticed the past two years the fun of my birthday is slipping. Funny because I thought once you turned twenty-five your relationship with your parents improves, meaning you get them and their actions more, your sense of the world changes and you look at things more widely now but never did I think my favorite day would change. I used to start the 6 month countdown on May 8th and then Tara's birthday was August 8th, three months before. Now... no such thing. The only thing I am planning is my 30th birthday cake which HAS to come from Party Favors in Brookline.
That is my favorite bakery and if someone loves me enough they know how to make me happy. (When I lived in Boston, my friends and I stopped in every Friday to pick up cupcakes for our office... a great job and great food...loved it!!)
Anyways, my birthday is coming up and in some ways it makes me sad. It makes me realize I am still living in my parent's house and I am single with no prospects. Ok, ok I know. In almost all respects I am happy with that part of my life but being a female, I have to admit while I may not be ready to settle down I do miss the friendship, companionship, closeness. Part of me is also cranky because with my foot in the shape it is in, I don't feel like I can dress up and have a good time. :-(
Oh well, another year almost gone and another one about to start... too bad I am going into it alone... no plans, no two good feet. Just me, my dog, my parents and oh yeah my favorite spot on the couch. I guess it could be worse!
(My Cake...)
Anyways, my birthday is coming up and in some ways it makes me sad. It makes me realize I am still living in my parent's house and I am single with no prospects. Ok, ok I know. In almost all respects I am happy with that part of my life but being a female, I have to admit while I may not be ready to settle down I do miss the friendship, companionship, closeness. Part of me is also cranky because with my foot in the shape it is in, I don't feel like I can dress up and have a good time. :-(
Oh well, another year almost gone and another one about to start... too bad I am going into it alone... no plans, no two good feet. Just me, my dog, my parents and oh yeah my favorite spot on the couch. I guess it could be worse!
(My Cake...)


No comments:
Post a Comment