Sunday, November 18, 2007

Foot Update and a lil Retail Therapy (oops)

Everyone has been on pins and needles apparently waiting for the foot update so here it is - surgery is now my option. I have waited 3-5 months for this to be my next step and now that it is here I just don't know. NEOS doesn't think it is nerve related and the doc is comfortable with the surgery now. He wants to do two procedures - excise the bone which means a trite and true cut the ankle and then do an arthroscopic procedure on my talus and remove the cyst that is forming there. I am in a cast for 2 weeks, a boot for 4 weeks and then start PT. He said the recovery is about 6 months. What's another six months??? I now have to decide to move forward and when. There definitely is not a good time for surgery but do I wait for before the holidays, after, during... I just don't know. I think I am going to call the nerve guy tomorrow and see if I can get it soon and see what he says but investigate with work my options as well. I need at least two weeks off and then flex time for PT plus I won't be driving for a while - so I have to be dependent on family and friends again... What to do...

On another note I truly spent the weekend shopping. Thursday was my Friday so I spent some money Thursday night at a jewelry party, went to Lee Friday night with mom and shopped, Evergreen Walk yesterday with mom and nana and bought more and wait for it... today I was at Macy's. Yep four days and shopped every day. But I bought some jewelry, wide leg jeans, some sweaters, some works clothes... I think I covered all bases and I didn't spend all my money either. Ok so I forgot the shoes and pocketbooks but I can't wear lots of shoes and well I have lots of bags right now... :-)

Oh yeah, some of the clothes I bought were bought with impending surgery and needed comfort in mind... think I am subconsciously telling myself something??? I know in my heart or I did know that it needed to be done and if I compare my foot to my arm when I had some nerve issues there, my foot doesn't feel the same. My foot hurts more than my arm and I mean hurt... could I just be a little scared???? I wish it was a cut and dry thing...

No comments: