I had a wonderful evening last night. I was a guest to the William Pynchon Awards to honor a dear friend and mentor, Dr. Carol Leary. She is an amazing woman and deserves the honor. She inspires me to be a better woman.
I got dressed up, put a heel on the left foot and the cast on the right, a gorgeous black shift dress with satin trim and a jeweled neckline, hair was in a sleek bob style and I was ready to dash off for a fun and exciting night of socializing and networking. The dinner honored three recipients all who better the lives of children and education. It made me feel good to be in their company and in the job I am in. It made me think more about how I could be a better person and more involved.
I firmly believe not only was the night about honoring and networking but about realizing getting involved in the community is key. My mind is already spinning as to how I can get involved more and in what organizations I want to be involved with. It is time for this lady to dabble in some philanthropy.
~xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment