Sunday, November 25, 2007

Wrap Up from the Holiday

I hope your holiday weekend did you well; mine did. I got in some extra sleeping, extra eating (oops), visiting with family and lots of relaxing. Today will find me in the crunch of going back to work tomorrow by doing work but at least I feel relaxed and less stressed. I found myself at Starbucks too many times to count this weekend, bought new curtains and lamps for my bedroom which obviously meant cleaning the bedroom, we put up our candles in the windows, and some smaller holiday decorations. I realized this year I won't be out finding our tree, too much walking and the cast can't handle the mud. Maybe I should stay home and bake gingerbread men!!!

This weekend in my mind truly kicks off the Christmas holiday season. Everything feels a little more special and holidayish once Thanksgiving comes and goes. I know we start seeing decorations out at Halloween and yes I did start the holiday music last weekend when I went shopping in the Berkshires but starting the Friday after Thanksgiving I felt more festive. The cars carrying trees are out, the holiday lights starting lighting up the neighborhoods and Bright Nights in Forest Park starts. This is the one time of year I wish we lived in NY state by the lakes where we get lake effect snow - or at least snow flurries more. There is something about the holiday and snow that really gets you in mood.

How did you spend this kick off to Christmas weekend???

~xoxo

No comments: