I am going to get all sappy here but sometimes all you need is a good friend to put a smile on your face. Of course it makes it more fun and interesting when you are giving them hand signal directions while they are driving because you are giving them the silent treatment. Ladies... it can be done, I did it last night. Although the silent treatment I gave was in pure fun and wasn't meant to be true. But I have to give my friend lots of credit for trying to get me to crack. I lasted about 15 minutes - me quiet for 15 minutes and I was awake and alive... I know!!!! :-) He tried lumping Red Sox fans into certain categories, women into categories - actually said women nag, etc. I finally broke my silence and was like - "I don't nag!!!" He did very well at trying to crack me and trying to be silent right back but in the long run - neither of us could do it.
For a few brief hours last night I had something to do which meant something to look forward to and someone to spend time with who at the end of our time together made sure I had a smile on my face, whether he meant to or not. It is friends like those, male or female, you want in life. Someone who can with the stupidest thing make you laugh or smile.
This foot thing has really changed me as a person and not for the better, slightly for the worse. I am not the same outgoing, bucket of fun I used to be. Getting dressed to go out these days is a struggle. I always have to plan around a big 'ol boot. So no jeans - only comfy, cozy pants or dressier pants. Then that leads me to wondering which shoe group I am going to wear - sneakers or clogs, and finally what on top. Just dealing with that every day stresses me out. And if I go out and spend the day somewhere be prepared for a tired girl later on. I am just not the same person but when someone like my friend can manage to put up with me for a few hours and make me smile helps me get through another day.
On the flip side, back to the doctors on Friday and maybe a little shopping with this same friend this weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment