Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Am I a sucker??

Today I was in meetings with assisitant superintendents and principals about their school's performance and listening to them talk about the challenges, struggles and tirumphs made me say - this is why I am here... to help them meet their goals. I admit there are times, especially now, when I feel like nothing more than a highly paid secretary but this afternoon made me say - this is it, this is why I do my job. I was talking with them as to let's do this and try this and I can come in and do this and the light bulb went off for me. Maybe not the light bulb that says this is you and the rest of your life but for now it gave me purpose and made me smile. I also spoke to my new boss later which was helpful too.

When you envision yourself, what do you see for the future? I can't fully answer that but I see me in a killer suit with killer shoes and running something. Not literally running, but in charge of something. I don't know what it is or where, but me in charge of something and that makes me happy. It makes me realize I am ok right now. I will still look but maybe the reason the rest of the jobs fell through is because I am meant to be right here right now. We shall see as I do believe "everything happens for a reason."

No comments: