Sunday, August 26, 2007

Updates...

... where to start.

Me - am doing ok. Still looking for my career purpose in life. Had some good conversations with people this week who are all surprised I didn't get my bosses job because as they say "wasn't I her protege??"" Well yes, but there are politics I try and be careful with and that was one of them. The Boston Sunday Globe career sections, NYT career section, Hartford Courant and Republican career sections were all in my house today. My foot is still attached. It kills!!! Some swelling has gone down but the pain...ouch! I got some wide leg capris this weekend to wear well into the fall seeing as my boot isn't going away any time soon. See this is what I get to wear...

I think I could go on and on about work and my foot but I won't too much. I have decided I will most likely buy some extra pairs of Crocs because I have to wear 1 shoe and it needs to have some height to even out my lovely boot. My love for fashion is seriously shot right now. I did however fall in love with a new Coach bag. I decided if I spent $1,000 for a black one and a tan colored one than I would get rid of all my other bags. Don't worry... I don't have that to spend right now...

Oh, so you know how my coworkers are lately... I got flowers Friday from some friends at MassMutual and they are gorgeous!!! Anyways, my boss, coworkers - everyone - came over to ask who they are from and why. Well my old coworkers I said and for my foot...I enjoyed every minute of rubbing it into their faces that I am respected and cared for even after I leave some place. It has been 3 years since I left MM and still they love me. A little selfish of me - yes, but needed. Will it work, probably not but I am soooo thankful for my flowers.

By the way, thanks to everyone who said I should buy Ian a wedding present. I agree too. As for hearing from him - I haven't. Until I do I won't buy anything plus I wouldn't know where to send it. I hope I can... it would make me feel good to start thinking of him as a good friend again. I would like to try for real this time but I am not sure how willing he is.

No comments: