Saturday, August 18, 2007

Best Friend, Part II

Sorry for the long delay this week but it has been a rough week - work is crazy, Gina left which means my best friend and my sanity is gone so now work truly will be crazy!!!

Anyways it is Saturday night and I am sitting home with my dog and chinese, wine and movies. Hey, if I had two workable feet maybe I would be out on the town, but alas I am here waiting to see the surgeon on Tuesday.

Ok, an update from the post the other day on Ian. I heard from Ian and I can say I wasn't too surprised... I thought I might. In some ways I still know him... :-) Ian emailed me and said in some ways he does have the same "what if" feeling but time will only tell. In the mean time he is not only getting engaged but they set a date and I am not invited. I can't say I am suprised... I think in order for me to get an invite, btw he decided not to invite me, he and I would have needed to grab coffee some time and chat in person and if that went well, I would have then met her but that never happened. Not to say I never tried... I am in Boston at least once a month, not since May, but roughly once a month. It is a city I love and can't stay away from. So back to Ian, I am not invited and right now am ok with it but I do have to say I would love to grab coffee with Ian sometime and catch up in person and see how it goes. My one question is, how much does she really know about me??? He said she does know but what exactly does she know and should she know everything... That's a question that plagues my mind mostly because he said I am his "what if" girl and I don't want him to feel this way on his wedding day. I don't want him thinking about me... I don't think he will but I really don't want him to...he deserves not to. Can I ask though, when is the wedding and can I buy them a gift? Is that ok? He was my friend of 22/23 years and I want to see him happy regardless. Let me know.

No comments: